During these unprecedented times, managing stress is no easy task. For many CFA candidates, stressors such as economic uncertainty, adapting to new realities, and staying productive and motivated have been drastically exaggerated due to life during the pandemic.
While it might seem difficult to maintain the same positive attitude you had pre-pandemic, it is important to recognize that this might be the new norm for several more months. To make the most out of the current situation, here are some suggestions for combating stress and remaining productive in your everyday life.
- Maintain a routine and create a schedule. It is crucial to have discipline when you are surrounded by chaos. Planning day-by-day is more critical than it has ever been, hence why a consistent schedule is critical. Take the time to plan things out – and then do your best to stick with that plan.
- Meditate and relax. Meditation can help calm the senses by providing peacefulness and promoting overall well-being. To better manage stress, consider using guided meditations. There are many great apps you can download to help you with this. If meditation is not your thing, you can always take a moment to relax with deep breaths. This will help to focus your mind and lower your heart rate.
- Take a break. If you feel “stuck” and cannot seem to move onto your next project or assignment, focus on what you can control. Take time off from studying for the CFA Exam and invest that time in yourself. Go hiking, practice yoga, or watch your favorite show. Doing things that you enjoy will provide a much-needed mental break that will help you refocus your mind on your studies.
- Recognize that you are not alone. There are so many other people who feel the same sense of uncertainty as you. Realizing this might make it easier for you to move forward with studying, work, and just life. Connect with others often – even virtually – to discuss how you are feeling and to provide support to them, as well.
Aside from maintaining a schedule, meditating, taking a break, and connecting with others, there are numerous other tips and tricks for CFA candidates struggling to manage their stress during these unprecedented times. Consider the following other stress management recommendations:
- Practice gratitude and help others when you can
- Spend time with people who are supportive, motivating, and positive
- Do not forget self-care
- Take life one step at a time
Remember, you are not alone. We hope these suggestions will help you feel more confident that you will get through these difficult times while balancing the CFA Exam, work, and life.
If you want to optimize your chances of success in the CFA Exam, click here for a FREE trial of our CFA Level I Exam Learning Platform.