How long does it usually take to complete the CFA Program?
It takes around four years to fully complete the CFA Program because of the various requirements.
What are the requirements to become a CFA Charterholder?
- Pass all three levels of the CFA exam
- Obtain at least 48 months (four years) of qualified work experience
- Sign the Professional Conduct Statement form
- Submit two to three letters of reference from sponsors
- Apply to become a charterholder with the CFA Institute
What are the requirements to sit for the CFA exam?
- Have a bachelor’s degree or be in the final year of completing a bachelor’s degree
- Attain 48 months of full-time experience and a combination of education/work experience
- Hold an international travel passport
- Be able to take the CFA exam in English
- Live in a participating country that administers the exams
- Complete the Professional Conduct Statement form
How many exams do you have to pass for the CFA charter?
A CFA candidate must pass three exams because there are three levels to the CFA exam: Level I, II, and III, with each level testing on different curriculum areas.
How many hours do you have to study for the CFA exams?
What’s included on each level of the CFA exam?
Each level of the CFA exam consists of the following:
- Knowledge and Comprehension make up Level I
- Application and Analysis make up Level II
- Synthesis and Evaluation make up Level III
What’s the average salary of a CFA charterholder?
A CFA charterholder’s salary can range from $50,000 to $300,000 per year based on several factors:
- Educational background
- Years of work experience
- City of residence
- Size and type of company
- Career path
What are the benefits of obtaining the CFA charter?
- Become part of a powerful global network of top industry professionals
- Gain a strong foundation and a commitment to ethics and professionalism
- Obtain real-world skills for making complex investment decisions
- Get recognized and welcomed by markets and employers globally
- Leverage the prestige of having one of the highest credentials in the profession
- Possess unmatched expertise in both practical investment analysis and management skills
- Enjoy better career opportunities than your peers who lack the CFA credential
- Earn a higher salary and a more competitive overall compensation package
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by UWorld Finance. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
New to UWorld?
Welcome to your world of learning.
Discover the UWorld Difference.
Get in Touch
We understand you may have questions.
Know we’re always here to help.